Hornblower’s mission is to deliver premier quality dining, entertainment and cruise experiences. All crew are guided by Hornblower’s four beacons: to satisfy 100% of guests 100% of the time; to stimulate and nurture a positive corporate culture; to improve fleet and resource utilization; and to provide a fair economic return to owners and crew.
- Hornblower generated $40 million in revenues in 2007, hosting over 5,000 events and 440,000 guests.
- Under CEO Terry MacRae’s leadership, the company acquired six businesses and expanded to six ports during the 30 year history.
- Hornblower has 32 modern and classic luxury yachts and one historic land facility with a combined guest capacity of 10,000.
- Hornblower owns the three largest dining yachts on the West Coast – San Francisco Belle, the Inspiration Hornblower and the California Hornblower.
- Hornblower is the largest and most established dining cruise and charter yacht company on the West Coast.
- Alcatraz Cruises, a subsidiary of Hornblower Yachts, Inc, holds a ten-year contract from the National Park Service to provide ticking and reservations, ferry transportation and island maintenance for visitors to Alcatraz Island.
- Statue Cruises, a subsidiary of Hornblower Yachts, Inc, was awarded a ten-year contract from the National Park Service to provide ticketing and reservations and ferry transportation to the Statue of Liberty National Monument and Ellis Island Immigration Museum
Hornblower Cruises & Events has always provided exceptional customer service and focuses on delivering distinctive and memorable experiences. The objective of each Hornblower crew member – from the reservation agent to the boat captain – is to ensure every guest has an experience that will leave a lasting impression. Every detail is considered – the interior and exterior design of the ships; the white linen and china-dressed tables; the polished mahogany and brass – to create an atmosphere worthy of the grand traditions of travel by sea. The meals served aboard Hornblower Cruises & Events are made from the finest, freshest ingredients available, using as many local and sustainable items as possible. Our professionally trained culinary teams draw on their extensive experience to create creative, delicious meals as memorable as the views.
- Terry MacRae, founder and CEO, was named Most Admired CEO of 2007 by the San Francisco Business Times.
- Terry MacRae was named California Travel Industry Association’s 1999 Entrepreneur of the Year
- Captain Richard Goben, Port Captain for Hornblower Cruises & Events of San Diego, was awarded the 2000 Hospitality Employee of the Year from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International and the San Diego County Hotel-Motel Association
- Linda Mongno, vice president of the Greater Los Angeles Port, was awarded a leadership award from the Southern California Orange County Hotel Sales and Marketing Association International Chapter in 2000
- Hornblower’s San Diego Port received the Convention and Visitors Bureau’s 1998 and 2000 Finest Service Awards
- Hornblower’s Greater Los Angeles Port received the Newport Beach Conference & Visitors Bureau’s 1998 Member of the Year and the Southern California Meeting Professionals International’s 1997-98 Supplier of the Year Awards
- In 2003 Richard Goben, San Diego’s Port Captain, was the first recipient ever to be awarded the Roger Murphy National Marine Safety Award.
- The San Francisco Port received the 2006 CORY Award for Best New Commercial Recycling Program.
- Hornblower San Diego was awarded 2007 Diamond Level Strategic Partner of the Year by SDMPI.
- The Knot.com users voted Hornblower Cruises & Events their Top Pick for wedding and reception venue in Orange County in 2007.
- The Los Angeles Coastal Chamber of Commerce awarded Hornblower Cruises & Events with the 2007-2008 Merchant of the Year Award.