If you love whales, dolphins, sea lions, and sea birds, hop on board for a breathtaking experience on the open ocean. We’ll speed out to sea on one of our large, comfortable yachts and pass barking sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins as we search for the legendary blue whales. As we make our 4-hour tour, we’ll be treated to a live narration by our experienced captain and our on-board naturalist (from the San Diego Natural History Museum). You’ll stay cozy and comfortable with both indoor and outdoor seating and a snack bar featuring hot food, a full bar, and souvenirs.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 4-hour Blue Whale Watching excursion in San Diego
- Opportunity to spot whales, sea lions, dolphins and harbor seals
- An exclusive look at local environmental efforts
- Professional live narration on marine life from our expert captains and volunteer naturalists from the San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT)
- Snack bars featuring hot food, full bar and souvenirs
- Climate-controlled indoor seating
- Views of famous San Diego landmarks
Boarding: 8:45am Cruising: 9:00am-1:00pm
Prices: $75 per adult, $40 per child (4-12)
Whale Guarantee: If you don't see a whale, we'll give you a pass for a Hornblower one or two hour Harbor Tour in San Diego.
San Diego Whale Watching Whale watching with Natural History Museum
See a blue whale this summer! Blue Whale, whale watching
Great cruise. Great crew. Beautiful weather. Couldn't have asked for anything better. I've lived in San Diego for 37 years and have never been on a whale watching cruise (if you can believe that) so this was a wonderfully anticipated experience.
– Mary T
An all around great experience for us and our out-of-state guest. Saw whale, dolphin and sea lions. The Hornblower was a roomy and comfortable ship, and we were able to have wonderful views of the ocean, islands and San Diego skyline.
– Carol M