17th Annual Pet Day on the Bay -Towel & Blanket Drive
For 16 years, Hornblower has offered this popular, pup-friendly Pet Day on San Diego Bay which consistently serves up a tail-wagging good time! Hornblower invites dogs to cruise for free with their owners. People board for just $25 per ticket, and guests are also encouraged to contribute a gently used blanket or towel that will warm needy animals at the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
Join us for the 17th Annual Pet Rescue Day on the Bay with a special appearance with Jagger & Kristi from Magic 92.5!
Pet Day on The Bay - the only pet-friendly event of its kind in Southern California! Pet Day is a towel and blanket drive and fundraiser benefiting the homeless animals of the Helen Woodward Animal Center. Take at look at some of our pictures on facebook from past Pet Day on the Bay celebrations.
TIMES: One-hour tours: 9:30 AM, 11:15 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:45 PM
WHAT YOU GET:
- 1-hour narrated cruise
- Information about more than 50 San Diego landmarks
- Unparalleled photo and video opportunities
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor areas
- Close-up views of military ships and San Diego skyline, with a chance to see marine animals and seabirds
- An introduction to local environmental efforts
- Snack bar with adult beverages, soft drinks and hot and cold snacks, plus souvenirs and photos available for purchase
- A portion of proceeds benefits the Helen Woodward Animal Center
- Special guests: Jagger & Kristi from Magic 92.5 and Chopper the Biker Dog!
Boarding and photos will begin 1/2 hour prior to cruise times.
Rate: $25 per adult. DOGS CRUISE FREE
**Please note: Outside food and beverages are not allowed.**
All sizes and breeds of dogs are welcome. A few simple rules make Pet Day on the Bay fun for everyone:
1) One dog per adult is welcome. The event is not open to dogs under six months of age.
2) All dogs MUST be on a leash at all times.
3) Owners must clean up after their dogs.
4) No dogs in heat are allowed.
5) The cruise is not recommended for dogs that are sensitive to movement or get motion sickness.
6) This event is not appropriate for dogs that are unpredictable in crowds or dislike strangers or other dogs.
7) This event is for dogs and people only. Please do not bring other pets.
In today’s dog-eat-dog world, the outing is a welcome treat for pups and people alike. Four-legged guests nibble on treats thanks to Petco. Pet photographers will be on hand to document the day’s revelry.
According to Beth Chee from HWAC, “If it wasn't for Hornblower, we'd have to go and buy all those towels and blankets. Hornblower collects enough to last us almost all year." For more information about Hornblower Cruises & Events and Pet Rescue Day on the Bay, call 619-686-8700. For more information about the great work that Helen Woodward Animal Center does with animal adoptions, click here.
The tour lasts 60 minutes and travels approximately 13 miles on the Big Bay in San Diego. Narrated highlights include more than 50 points of interest, the history of San Diego and many iconic sights: Navy ships, aircraft carriers, the spectacular Coronado Bridge, the famous Star of India, historic ships of the Maritime Museum, the Cruise Ship terminal, Seaport Village and the downtown skyline.
What makes the Bay Cruise so popular and special? Professional Captains provide interesting and informative narrative along the entire cruise route aboard safe, comfortable yachts. Unlike many tours, you may visit the Captain in the wheelhouse. Hornblower offers child-friendly cruises with cute first mate stickers and coloring maps.
ADA-accessible. Photos are taken at the beginning of the cruise that can be purchased at the end.
The Hornblower has all sorts of different themed cruises departing from the San Diego Harbor, but I'll bet this is the most unique and most cutest event yet. Pudgy little pugs, prissy Pomeranians, wise weimaraners, lovable Labradors, gargantuan great Danes all congregated with their human pets on a wonderful ... cruise. I couldn't help but crinkle my nose with cuteness! Instead of hearing the hum of small talk at the tables, they were over shot by all of the woofs, barks, A-roo's, and yips. There were three different levels of the boat that the dogs could travel on. Really fabulous views of SD harbor, another prissy and fun place to bring your pooch, and everybody seems to just be having a great time!
– Allison Y
Thank you for making today's Hornblower Bow Wow cruise such a fun event! We discovered your dog-friendly cruises earlier this year when we attended Pet Day on the Bay. We loved it so much, when we heard about the brunch we knew we had to go! We think what you're doing is fantastic, and are happy to support you in any way we can. We are always telling people about Hornblower Cruises and what a good time we have on them. Thank you again...all of you at Hornblower Cruises are doing a wonderful job!
– Suzan, Chris, Pumpkin Pie and Brucie