SEPTEMBER 16, 2015
(San Diego, CA – September 16, 2015) — On Sunday, October 18, 2015, Hornblower Cruises & Events (HCE) will host its seventh annual Bow Wow Brunch Cruise to benefit the Helen Woodward Animal Center (HWAC), a local nonprofit that provides care and comfort to orphaned and injured animals. On this special day each year, dogs are welcomed aboard to enjoy a fun-filled Halloween-themed brunch cruise with their owners. Canine costumes encouraged.
Bow Wow Brunch is just like the weekly Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise, but on October 18, 2015, HCE welcomes families and their favorite canines aboard. Guests will enjoy a delicious and bountiful buffet with unlimited champagne (for humans 21+) and desserts. But “Fido” gets a pet buffet to choose from along with a dog relief area set up on the sun deck of the yacht. A portion of the proceeds from the Bow Wow Brunch on the Bay will go directly to helping Helen Woodward Animal Center. Special guests, include Bow Wow Ambassadors Mark and Chopper the Biker Dog.
The Cruise Includes:
- Two Hour Cruise on San Diego Bay
- Free Flowing Champagne, Mimosas, Coffee, Juice, Tea and/or Soda
- All you can eat Gourmet Brunch Buffet for humans and Dog Buffet for canines
- Doggie buffet “to go” sponsored by Petco
- Interaction with “Darris Cooper,” the Petco Pawsitive Dog Training expert
- Dessert buffet
- Refreshing cold water bowls
- Dog relief area on sun deck
- A reserved private table for passengers and their dog
- Third Annual Doggie Costume Contest with three big prizes
Bountiful Brunch Buffet: This two-hour cruise features a beautiful buffet featuring freshly prepared and seasonal brunch favorites, as well as free-flowing sparkling wine, mimosas and desserts.
Delectable Doggie Treat Bar: A special smorgasbord, sponsored by Petco, will pamper pups throughout the cruise with a variety of mouthwatering treats, as well as a take-home treat bag.
Canine Costume Contest and “Dog Trick Competition”: Dog owners are encouraged to dress up their pooch in Halloween costumes to participate in an on board Doggie Costume Contest and post photos on Hornblower’s Facebook page for a chance to win great prizes. Prizes will also be awarded for the top dog tricks.
Expert Dog Training Tips: Darris Cooper, Petco’s head dog trainer, will share helpful advice and suggestions for dog owners wanting to brush up on their pet handling skills.
Special Guests: Chopper the Biker Dog, the Boston terrier and registered therapy dog that regularly entertains groups at hospitals, hospices and nursing homes throughout Southern California, will be onboard for entertainment and photo opportunities.
Reservations are now being accepted:
Times: Boarding begins at 11:30 a.m. at Hornblower’s Grape Street Pier (1800 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA, 92101). Cruising from noon to 2 p.m.
Tickets: Costs are $85 for adults, $50 for children ages 4-12 and $78 for seniors and the military. Taxes and service fees are additional. Children three and under are free. Each adult passenger is invited to board with one dog. Canines must be kept on a leash throughout the cruise. To make reservations, visit www.hornblower.com/bowwow
Bow Wow Brunch Cruise and POLICIES
- ONLY ONE DOG WILL BE ALLOWED TO BOARD WITH ONE PERSON and Dogs MUST be on a leash
- BE AWARE: You are responsible for your dog onboard
- Dogs must be “social” and get along well with other people and dogs
- BE RESPONSIBLE: Clean up after your pet. If your dog has an accident onboard, please do your best to clean it up with your dog waste bag and inform a Hornblower crew member so we can do a heavier cleaning after
- If your dog gets in an altercation with another dog that causes an injury, Hornblower is not responsible for the treatment or vet charges either party may experience. You are responsible for the safety of your pet onboard.